I am on a new project to create customizable inflatable structure, and I need to turn any kind of 2d curves into gcode.
This is a simple Grasshopper definition to turn any 2d geometries to gcode. There’s an issue with interpolating curves with points when numbers of points are too small to interpolate (or just random error in Grasshopper. It happens when computing rather large data.)
For sophisticated controls or get rid of errors I may revise but for now this would suffice to operate with simple 2d geometry.
에어 스트럭쳐를 만드는 새 프로젝트를 진행하기 위해 3D프린터를 개조하고 2D 커브를 G-code로 만드는 과정이 필요하다.
G-code생성은 여러가지 CAM프로그램을 사용할 수 있지만 Grasshopper를 사용하면 앞으로 이미지 처리라던지 이런저런 인풋 디바이스를 연결할 수 있는 확장성이 좋기 때문에 만들어 놓는 것이 좋을 것 같았다.
점들을 이어주는 과정(interpolate)에 문제가 좀 있는데 그래스호퍼 자체의 문제인듯 싶다.
데이터가 많아지면 한꺼번에 연산하는 과정에서 에러가 나는 경우가 종종 있기 때문에.. 추가적인 기능을 넣고 에러를 제거하려면 손을 좀 더 봐야겠지만 일단 이정도만 돼도 2d 지오메트리를 처리하는데 문제가 없다.
그래스호퍼 데피니션은 아래에서 다운받을 수 있다.
download 2D G-Code Generator
I’ve wanting to build heated chamber from last year, since I installed dual extruder and heated bed mod for printing ABS and PLA dissolvable support. Dissolvable support is crucial for outputting quality prints on par with commercial FDM machines which handle massive overhangs relatively well.
X-Y steppers are already moved to the outside and they stay cool. Stacked set-offs fit well. The only problem is acrylic sheets vary in thickness from point to point even within a single sheet. I used 5mm acrylic sheet for set offs but the thickness differ around 5% so I used washers to compensate the distance and reduce tensions caused by nearby tightened nearby bolts. I drilled several holes on the chassis to mount everything. Hinges were also printed.
Top cover has opening and lock(black part) for cables to stay in place. I used flexible PLA for flaps, which prevent heat from escaping.
With 120W power supply it heats up to 70″C in 8-9 minutes in winter. It started from fairly cold temperature(12’C) so in most cases it should be around 7. But it still takes longer than 30 minutes to reach over 90″C, it requires larger power supply but I think I will keep it this way since current power supply is pretty slim and fits nicely underside, makes it invisible.
All drawings are posted here
This is the first time it happened.. An overnight print greets me with a big lump of PLA. I’ve seen this many times on Replicator 2, but not on an Ultimaker.. It took serious wiggle and jiggle to get this huge 3d printed tumor out of its place. Surprisingly it still prints just fine right after removing it.
This week is Korean thanksgiving week with almost paradigm shifting 5 day weekend, (with only 2 days of weekday). Just in timely manner the dual extrusion kit for my Ultimaker has arrived on the last day of weekday, since then I’ve been assembling and calibrating non-stop.
직장인들에게는 큰 축복인 수목금의 추석연휴가 오기 바로 직전 화요일에 네덜란드에서 작업실로 Dual extrusion kit 소포가 도착. 정확히 2주 걸리는구나.. 부모님 뵈러 집떠나면 프린터와 떨어져야 하기 떄문에 이틀간 논스톱으로 조립과 칼리브레이션.
Been using my Ultimaker for couple of years making numerous modifications, one of the most common but immensely useful is the Owen’s Bowden Clamp. I was too excited to add 2nd extruder and neglected there were some changes in hot end design, requiring some parts to be printed out prior to take it apart, especially the dual bowden clamp. It works like a charm!
I am using ABS for main model and PLA(black, in this case, to clearly see drizzling for fine tuning..) for dissolvable support so I can use it like a commercial FDMs, tho there are many other modifications to be made in the future. After hours of tedious set up and calibration I was able to make the first dual-material Hilbert cube. It was interrupted about half way through. I also printed out a traffic cone which printed out much better. It has to do with drizzling of PLA and switching back and forth between nozzles for every print with different materials. I assume it’d be much easier to print if I use both for ABS or HIPS for support.
앞으로는 상용FDM처럼 ABS를 주 재료로 사용하고 서포트는 PLA를 사용할 계획인데 현재 프린터가 PLA 전용으로 설계/개조가 되어 있어 앞으로 heated bed나 chamber과 같은 추가적인 개조가 많이 필요하다. 여튼 수시간의 설치와 칼리브레이션 끝에 아직은 매우 지저분 하지만 dual material print를 출력할 수 있게 됐다.
I was invited to participate in an artists’ version of Hackathon last weekend (hosted by SK’s Art Center Nabi), and here are some pictures of those 33hrs. There has been an ongoing documentary shoot about modified/hacked/3d printed musical instrument from last month till next month, and it will be on air beginning of next year. Participation in FAB 9 conference was partially part of that too..
지난주말 아트센터 나비의 주최로 장충동의 타작마당에서 열린 해카톤에 참가하게 되었는데 이는 지난달부터 계속된 “이것도 악기일까요”(가제) 다큐멘터리 촬영도 할 겸, 중간정산도 할 겸 악기 만드는 팀들과 함께 참가하게 되었다. 지난달에 참여한 요코하마에서의 FAB 9 컨퍼런스도 어느정도는 촬영의 일환으로 비용지원을 받아 다녀왔다. 그나저나 지금까지 이런 저런 일로 촬영 당하면서 나름 인터뷰 연습이 되었다고 생각했는데 내 작품을 설명하려니 그냥 인터뷰보다는 또 다른 연습이 필요한 것 같다..